(CFP) Archives and Auteurs. Filmmakers and their archives
A conference bringing archivists, academics, curators and researchers together to discuss the ways in which study of the archives of filmmakers and the film industry can provide new perspectives and insights into the history of cinema.
University of Stirling
2nd – 4th September 2009
Call for papers
We look forward to receiving proposals for papers in the following areas:
– archives, authorship and the directorial impulse
– the transition from page to screen – evidence in the archives for artistic challenges and compromised visions
– new perspectives on classic films
– practical issues relating to the management and preservation of the archives of filmmakers
– personal experiences of working with the archives of filmmakers
– current issues, projects and initiatives in the field of cinema history
Papers on other related topics are welcome; and in addition proposals for panels will be considered (please provide full details of subject and speakers). We shall also be glad to review proposals for contributions to a poster session which will be held on Thursday 3rd September.
Papers should be 20 minutes in length. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent in a MS Word file to Professor John Izod
(email@example.com) by Friday 20th February 2009. Abstracts will be reviewed externally and contributors will be informed of the outcome by Friday 13th March 2009.
More details about the conference can be found at: